子标题：An Example-Driven Guide to Building Interactive Maps with Bing, Yahoo!, and Google Maps
Websites like MapQuest and Google Maps have transformed the way we think about maps. But these services do more than offer driving directions—they provide APIs that web developers can use to build highly customized map-based applications.
You’ll also learn how to:
* Create, embed, and manipulate basic maps by setting zoom levels and map boundaries
* Show, hide, and filter location markers and info-bubbles
* Customize your maps for visitors based on their location
* Use common data formats like GPS XML, Google Earth’s KML, and GeoRSS
* Create graphical overlays on maps to better analyze data and trends
* Use freely available geodata from websites like Yelp and Upcoming—and public domain geodata from the US government
Map Scripting 101 is perfect for any web developer getting started with map scripting, whether you want to track earthquakes around the world, or just mark the best coffee shops in Dubuque.